Wednesday, 25 August 2010

H4CK TH3 PL4N3T!!11oneone

The title's only purpose is to drag your attention.

Whose attention? Mostly the attention of those so called hackers, hax0rs, lamers or leets, black/white/yellow/green/turquoise hats who get horny with such leet language and concept.

I decided to announce you here that everything I have written in the past about hacking (hacking as in security breaching) 1) had a radical tone, 2) is still my opinion, 3) yet is something about which I shouldn't be so obsessed.

I might still be laughing with what people think about the definition of hacking today, still be frustrated (or maybe not anymore) with the distortion of ethics, I might still be amused or annoyed by the most popular ideas and misconceptions with this, but it is neither my concern nor my purpose to argue whether one should be involved in this activity or not.

You definitely have your own reasons to want to hack the planet, deface the world, fight the system and feel like computer superheros. You might just seek for knowledge, be curious, creative and whatever image is presented in that so well known hacker's manifest. I might be wrong and the world could be right. Who knows?

You are into this thing for a reason. I made my choices in life for a reason. Hacking might lead you into something at the end and whether you made the "right" or "wrong" choices, you will learn. It's your path afterall not mine.

This is a conscious choice, helped by the philosophy of zen and seeing the light.

p.s. I am not saying that I or anyone else doesn't have the right to say his own opinion or he doesn't have the right to criticize individuals. I am still amused while reading my old articles about hacking, loving the ideas yet finding too much obsession and anger with something that is not my own world. With most things and most individuals in the world I am too open, but I still don't know why I was so hateful with hackers, who in fact did the same thing at a young age as me, following some dream, an illusion about using their computer knowledge to boost that low self-esteem. Both the demoscene and the hacking community is full of egos, fights, dreams, marvels and vanity. Even the nicknames have to be cool or scary sounding. It's just that the geeks from the demoscene resemble more the artistic and creative computer heros while today's image of hacking is that of an angst ridden youth and rebel computer heros.

No comments:

Post a Comment