Friday, 4 July 2008

Current news

I code again (enough with the K(ode) meme :P). I said that before. Perhaps tomorrow I won't code. But I don't care since I am trying to change the mood. I didn't planned for this change but it involves a lot of experimental coding or trying out things, no strict deadlines, thinking of fun, even trying to code something for half an hour if I feel bored and tired and then I can relax if it doesn't grab me into. And regulating my feelings about all these. I didn't plan it. When I plan something I never fulfill my initial wish. It came after my frustration, maybe something was planted in my neural cells and it's just happened. Even if I code very few hours but at least I code something just for the occasion instead of being inactive for a month and crying about it. My neural cells change and see it's a bit worth it. And I really need some proper stimulus like being focused into something creative as code, in order to forget my existential thoughts for a little bit. So I am coding. Again.



What I am currently doing. Trying to code in parallel, either for GP32 or NDS. I was planning to do a demo for each. The NDS demo was planned since a long. I was thinking to finish something for Assembly but my plans changed and I am not gonna visit Assembly this year. Not that I am not going to continue coding a NDS demo too. Although I will be at Euskal demoparty and will probably bring something.

With both demo plans, I haven't even started. I've just ported my new demo framework from PC/SDL into both, almost finished with making the music player to work and maybe I'll start tomorrow. I'll probably be too late for Euskal but the GP32 demo would be much easier to finish while I have more idea on the NDS and I need to know the screen modes more so it needs work. But I don't bother with this thought, even if I miss the deadline I'll have a half demo. And I'll try to enjoy the process rather than the goal.

Generally I love to work in the GP32 more. Ok,. the screen mode is vertical, there is a sound bug, but there is something I also like in this machine. Maybe it's also more challenging than GP2X (and doesn't eat my batteries so fast :P). I really love the GP32, even more than the Pandora when it comes =)

No comments:

Post a Comment